Skip to main content

Floating Frame Tutorial!! FINALLY!


I had promised this tutorial a while ago and it is finally here!! YAY!!! So with out further adieu here is the Floating Frame Tutorial!
(Hey allthingsnew, its finally in the mail... I hope you like how it looks! I love the quote! Wonderful!!)
Materials you will need:
1. Frame of your choice and size
2.Windex and paper towels to clean the glass
3. A mirror imaged vinyl lettering sign to fit your frame (you can get the custom vinyl here)
4. clear silicone caulk
5. sawtooth picture hanger and tools to install (if you frame doesn't come with one)

Step one:
Remove metal tabs that hold the cardboard back on the cardboard back and the glass. (You won't need the cardboard back but I am sure all your Crafty Craftertons can make something fabulous with it!! Otherwise discard the cardboard and the tabs.  Keep the glass)



Step 2
Measure to figure center of the top of your frame and mark for placement of the sawtooth hanger.


Step 3
Hammer the hanger in to the frame.
 (You will definitely want to do this while the glass is still out the the frame)




Step 4.
Clean the glass

Step 5
measure and mark your vinyl for the center if that is who you are or if you are not the measuring type skip this step and prepare to eyeball it!!

(note the marks on center)

Step 6
Remove the back of your mirror imaged vinyl piece
 
Step 7
Place the vinyl with the mask, centered, down on the glass. 

Step 8
Press the vinyl through the mask down onto the glass making sure to smooth out any bubble from the center to the edges using something ridged. (IE a credit card or Popsicle stick etc)

Step 9
Peel mask away from your vinyl

Step 10
Grab your frame and put a thin bead of the silicone caulk in the lip of the frame down the sides. 
Skip the corners.



Step 11
Using your finger spread the caulk down the lip.  Wipe fingers of any excess. (of course right?)

Step 12
Place the glass back in the frame in the wet caulk. (it will dry clear. Don't Worry....)
Step 13
After the glass is placed put some caulk in the corners to lock the glass in. 
No need to spread it this time. 
 
Step 14
Wait for it to dry.............Usually takes about 24 hours.  Once it is dry, if you notice that the silicone is in places on the glass that are undesirable you can trim them off with a razor blade chip chop chip..LOL!! Is it late??? Yes.  I may or may not be suffering from sleep deprivation.  HA HA!!

Be Sure To Check Out All The Lovely Blogs I Linked To.  They are wonderful!!!
Tuesday Tag-AlongShow and Tell Green
sweetcharli"
Photobucket


Hump Day link

Comments

  1. Looks good! I know everyone wanted to know how to do this and it isn't very hard once you see it done. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so neat and looks so easy! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newest follower from TTA! Love if you'd visit and follow back!
    Jennifer @ The Craft Barn
    http://thecraftbarn-ny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool! This will look great on any wall. Please remember to add my button. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great tutorial! This turned out so cute! Thanks so much for sharing with Sweet Charli this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for such great steps. I love this idea. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! It looks amazing! I am SO excited to get it in the mail :) Thank you so much!!!! You really did a wonderful job!

    Blessings,
    Stephanie (allthingsnew)
    Ten Talents...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats awesome!!!!! Love the saying! Thanks so much for linking this to gettin' crafty on hump day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your floating frame. And GREAT tutorial! Thank you! I love the verse you used too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute project!

    Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm featuring you this week. Come by and grab my featured button if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really neat job, and I love the verse! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the floating frame idea! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

12 Homemade Simmer Pot/Stove Potpourri Recipes...Would make great gift too!

I love love love things that make my house smell well.....yummy! These recipes are wonderful for just that! I love to just throw the ingredients into a small saucepan on the stove and let them just barely simmer.  (not to be left unattended) This also makes a great neighbor gift! Just deliver the ingredients to a friend with the instructions in a cute embellished  bag and TA DA! Cheap, yet wonderful gift!! (plus makes a great humidifier too!) My Favorite Potpourri Recipe 1 lemon cut in fourths 1 apple cut in fourths 1 orange cut in fourths 2 or 3 cinnamon sticks Water to cover Place in a pan and simmer. Holiday Potpourri 1 Orange 1 Lemon 1 Bay Leaf 1 Cinnamon Stick 1/4 Cup Whole Cloves 1. Cut orange and lemon into pieces. 2. Put all ingredients in a sauce pan and cover with water. 3. Simmer on stove, and add additional water during the day, when needed. Holiday Spice 2 c. water 1/2 c. sugar 1 c. pineapple juice 1 c. orange juice 1 lemon, sliced 4 cinnamon sticks 1 Tbs. whole cloves

My First Giveaway! HOW EXCITING! (to me anyway) LOL!!!

I am so grateful to all of my followers!! It makes me smile everytime I think if you!! Thanks so much for accepting me!! Today's first give away is a "Floating Frame" personalized just for you! I love "Floating Frames" because your wall color will show through which makes it match perfectly with any decor! I have been playing with this idea for 3 years now and it has always been a favorite of everyone! You can chose an 11x14 oak frame or a black frame and the text.  I have posted a few examples of different ideas but the sky is the limit. (as long as it fits the frame) LOL!!! SO.... the sum up... The winner will receive 1 11x14 completed Floating Frame with the text and 2 colors of their choice. HOW TO WIN YOU ASK????? Here's 5 ways you can enter 1. Leave me a comment 2. Become a follower and leave a comment or leave a comment that you are already a follower ( I love my follower friends!!!) 3. Put my button on your blog and leave me a comment that you did

My Funeral Potatoes

   This recipe is for a classic Funeral Potatoes, or Cheesy potatoes Casserole, that uses fresh potatoes. (I haven't had as much luck with frozen potatoes with this one) It's a comforting and hearty dish that's perfect for gatherings or potlucks. It is addapted from my moms kitchen and I love it! Sometimes I top it with a crumb crust and sometimes its is just topped with cheese but it is delish both ways!

Our Menu Feb 2024

Hey there! Here is a new menu for the upcoming days! We have some fun things planned including a baptism and a birthday party! What do you have going on? Have a great weekend and  ENJOY YOUR KITCHEN! DINNER  Monte Cristo crepes, sheet pan hash browns and fruit Slow cooker hurry chicken, rice pilaf and salad  Leftovers Copycat Portillo's Salad   Crockpot Salisbury meatballs over noodles and veggies Freezer Finds BDAY PARTY BIG FHE-baked potato bar-butter balls, potatoes, cheese, lil Smokies butter sour cream broccoli Nanas meatloaf, mashed potatoes and veggies Simple BBQ ribs, strawberry cheesecake salad, loaded cauliflower salad  Smothered chicken, Lipton potatoes and steamed broccoli Easy Kid Dinner Hearty bean dip Freezer finds DESSERTS No bake Peanut butter bars Applebee's maple blondies Butter brickle BAPTISM Strawberry lemonade bars Peanut butter and chocolate rice crispy treats Salted Caramel frosted brownies

Chicken Crescent Rolls with Creamy Curry Gravy

     Oh Man! I love these Chicken Crescent Rolls! They have the perfect filling and the most amazing gravy with a lemony curry kick that is delish! They are easier than they look, and are great for a weeknight meal or work just a well for company or a holiday. I think you might just love them too! Let me know if you try them!