Welcome to JanDee Crafts! I am so glad that you stopped by! Please feel free to follow me, comment (nicely of course!) and come back as often as you'd like! I'd also love to see you subscribe to my facebook page! Joy In The Journey!!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Quick and Easy Chicken Posole

I love this recipe so much and until recently I thought I hated posole.  HA HA!! It tastes like it has been cooking all day in a crock pot and it only takes 20 minutes or so to prepare.  My kinda recipe! And....it only has 175 cals per serving!!! EVEN BETTER!! I found it at allrecipes, one of my most favorite recipe sites ever!!! (I double it for my family)

Quick and Easy Chicken Posole 
Ingredients



1 tablespoon olive oil


1 large onion, thinly sliced


2 cloves garlic, minced


2 teaspoons dried oregano


1/2 teaspoon ground cumin


2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth


1 (15 ounce) can white hominy


1 (7 ounce) can chopped green Chile peppers, drained


1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained


3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cut into cubes


Directions

1.In a large pot over medium heat, combine oil, onion, garlic, oregano and cumin. Cook, covered, 5 minutes, until onions are tender.

2.Stir in broth, hominy, Chile peppers and olives. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Stir chicken into pot. Cover and cook until chicken is no longer pink, 5 to 10 minutes.


The DIY Show Off

1 comment:

  1. So cute i love this. if you ever would like to be featured or would like to share a recipe or a find (re-do furniture) please come become a follower and email us...Great site and were a new follower as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete