Welcome to JanDee Crafts! I am so glad that you stopped by! Please feel free to follow me, comment (nicely of course!) and come back as often as you'd like! I'd also love to see you subscribe to my facebook page! Joy In The Journey!!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Koolickles-A Southern Thing

This was a fun and tasty treat! Kinda like a sweet and sour pickle! You should give it a try...Next time I think I may add 3 packets of Kool-aid. 
PS I found this recipe in the web but cannot remember where...Please if you know let me know so I can give credit where credit is due.

Koolickles


Ingredients:
1 gallon jar dill pickles
1 lb granulated sugar
2 pkgs unsweetened Kool-Aid

Place a colander over a large bowl and drain all of the pickle brine. Do not discard the brine. Mix the sugar and Kool-Aid into the reserved brine and stir well until completely dissolved. Slice the pickles in half lengthwise Return the pickle halves to the original jar. Add the Kool-Aid/brine mixture to cover the pickles; you WILL have leftover brine. Resist the urge to drink it. Seal the jar and place the pickles in the refrigerator for one week. The pickles will absorb the Kool-Aid brine and take on their new color and flavor. Don't be alarmed if the pickles shrink slightly -this is completely normal.

After one week, the koolickles should be ready. Enjoy!

Sumo's Sweet Stuff

2 comments:

  1. Oh I want to try these! Any specific flavor of kool-aid or just whatever flavor you prefer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It called for "red" but I am sure whatever you wanted to use would work just fine! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete